Terms & Conditions
By ordering from us (including all sales, hire, training, calibration or repair), you agree you've read, accepted and are bound by the following terms and conditions:
- General Terms and Conditions
- Returns Policy
- Incorrect or Damaged Goods
- Currency and Prices
- Missing Items
- Damaged / Faulty Items
- Late Deliveries
- Collection or Delivery of Customers Property
- Shipping to Overseas Countries
- Commercial Invoices and Declared Values
- Hired Equipment
- Purchaser or Hirer Conditions of Purchase
- Repair and Calibration Services
- Force Majeure
- Refund Policy for Training Courses including Cancellation and Substitutions
- Governing Law
General Terms and Conditions
- "Purchaser" means the person who buys or agrees to buy the Products or Services from the Seller.
- "Seller" means PAT Training Services Limited who are trading on this web site as PAT-Testers.co.uk
- "Hirer" means the person who hires or agrees to hire Products from the Seller.
- "Company" means PAT Training Services Limited who are trading on this web site as PAT-Testers.co.uk
- "Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller.
- "Delivery date" means the date specified by the Seller when the Products or Services are to be delivered.
- "Products" means those goods specified. "Services" means those services specified.
- "Price" means the price for the Products or Services excluding carriage, insurance, VAT and if appropriate any export duties or taxes.
- "Manufacturers Calibration" Where offered is issued at the time of manufacture by the manufacturer and is valid from the date the equipment is commissioned into use. We offer an option of having the unit calibrated on the day of purchase for those who require it, and as such is charged at the advertised rate.
- As part of our service, we may when appropriate contact customers with a calibration reminder (usually around 11 months after purchase). Annual calibration is widely recommended to ensure the accuracy of most test equipment and this reminder service is provided free of charge.
- Free gift(s) only valid when purchased with specified related products.
We keep our Terms and Conditions under regular review. These policies were last updated on 31 May 2018.
The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
PAT Training Services prioritizes above anything else that our customers are fully satisfied with our service and the goods purchased. In the event where a return is requested please contact us within 28 calendar days of receipt for a refund. All returned goods apart from hired equipment, must be received back at PAT Training Services Limited's address within 30 days. All products returned must include all original items undamaged, in re-saleable condition, all original packaging including manuals, warranty forms, boxes, product sleeves etc. Software, book and DVD sales are not refundable once opened. Shipping and handling fees are not refundable. The Purchaser or Hirer is responsible for all shipping costs incurred shipping products back to PAT Training Services Limited. If products are supplied with a promotional free gift, the free item must also be returned (in a resalable condition) to receive a full refund. Should the free gift not be returned, the advertised retail value of the free gift will be deducted from the refund. We strongly recommend you use a recorded/insured delivery service as we regret that we cannot be held responsible for goods lost in transit. We comply with UK regulations more information can be found in The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 which can be found at www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm/
Incorrect or Damaged Goods
In the unlikely event that you receive physically damaged goods or items are missing from your order PAT Training Services Ltd. must be notified within 24 hours or before the end of the next working day. If you have received incorrect goods PAT Training Services Ltd. must be notified within 14 calendar days to rectify this. In an event where you receive incorrect goods, please retain all original packaging for us to swap the goods for you. All items sent out are packaged up thoroughly to ensure safe transit and we only use highly credible courier companies. PAT Training Services Ltd. do strongly recommend that you thoroughly check your goods upon receipt and in the case of any discrepancies contact us within the aforementioned time period.
Placing an order does not constitute our acceptance of the order. Acceptance is only granted when the order has been confirmed (by email or in writing) by us and the goods have been delivered. We reserve the right to decline acceptance of any order.
Currency and Prices
All Prices quoted on this web site are in UK Pounds Sterling: GBP. Our standard carriage charges are to UK mainland addresses although some products are offered with free carriage to UK mainland only. All Prices quoted by the Seller are ex-works and the Purchaser or Hirer shall in addition pay all charges for insurance, VAT and if appropriate any export duties or taxes and if the items are large or heavy additional charges for export. Please contact us for an export pricing quote.
For all late payment of monies not received within the agreed payment terms, PAT Training Services Limited shall be entitled to make a legal claim to recover monies due plus a 15% surcharge of the amount outstanding and the Purchaser will also be liable for all debt collection charges, interest, court costs, legal fees costs and statutory compensation as laid down in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002.
The title to any software or hire equipment supplied by the Seller will not pass to you. Title to other Products supplied by the Seller will not pass to you until all monies due under the contract are received by the Seller.
- Although a binding agreement for the sale of goods is formed when an order (whether written or verbal) is received by the Seller and the Seller, may at their discretion, dispatch an acknowledgement of the order together with the terms and conditions, the title in the goods shall remain with the Seller and shall not pass to the Purchaser until the amount due under the invoice from PAT Training Services Limited (including interest and costs) has been paid in full.
- Until title passes the Purchaser shall hold the goods as bailee for the Seller and shall store or mark them (without causing damage) so that they can at all times be identified as the property of the Seller.
- The Seller may at any time before title passes and without liability to the Purchaser, and to which the Purchaser hereby gives its irrevocable authority to the Seller and its agent to:- Repossess and dismantle whether tangible or intangible and use or sell any of the goods and by doing so terminate the Purchaser's rights to use, sell or otherwise deal in them and, (for that purpose of determining what if any goods are held by the Purchaser and inspecting them) enter the premises of or occupied by the Purchaser.
- The Purchaser is licensed by the Seller to agree to sell on the Seller's goods save that no title in the goods shall pass on the sub-sale unless and until payment is made for these goods and subject to the express condition that the entire proceeds thereof are held in trust for the Seller and not mingled with other monies or paid into any overdrawn bank account and at all times be identifiable as the Sellers monies.
- The Seller may maintain an action for the price of any goods notwithstanding the title in them has not passed to the Purchaser.
PAT Training Services Limited warrants to the Purchaser that any new goods which prove to be defective in workmanship or material, and which are returned to the PAT Training Services Limited within 1 year from the date of the original shipment, will be repaired or replaced without charge subject to:
- The goods being supplied by PAT Training Services Limited.
- The defect being proven to the satisfaction of the PAT Training Services Limited and or the manufacturer.
- No liability is accepted by the PAT Training Services Limited for any labour charges incurred in replacing parts or complete equipment under guarantee.
Save as aforesaid, no liability is accepted by the PAT Training Services Limited for any loss, damage, injury or destruction suffered by the Purchaser or Hirer, or any other person arising from the purchase, hire, storage, handling, use, resale or sub hire of goods purchased or hired from the Seller. The Seller's total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise, shall be limited to the Price of the Products or Services. Under no circumstances will liability extend to paying the Purchaser or Hirer damages for consequential losses. Second user/Second hand goods have a one month warranty maximum, a full refund will be given for these type of goods within this 1 month warranty period.
PAT Training Services Limited and the manufacturers of the products we supply, reserve the right to change specification or design of any products and the price of products or services without prior notice. We also reserve the right to cancel, alter the format, venue and timing of training courses. This includes all items mentioned on this web site, or in any correspondence. All goods are offered subject to being unsold. Please note the actual colour of some items may be different from the images on this web site.
Delivery will be made to the place designated by you on your accepted order and will normally be made during normal business hours: 0900 to 1730 hours GMT. Any delivery dates or times given by the Seller or our carriers are best estimates only and we will not be liable to you for any claim for loss or damage sustained by you as a result of a failure to comply with our estimated time scales. Under no circumstances will late delivery entitle the Purchaser or Hirer to treat the contract as repudiated. Delivery of products to the carrier shall constitute delivery thereof to the Purchaser or Hirer, and thereafter such products shall be at the Purchaser's or Hirers risk. Any claims for damages or shortages occurring after such delivery should be directed by the Purchaser or Hirer to the carrier.
All DPD deliveries will be to the delivery address on the order (unless the delivery is altered in any way by the customer direct with DPD).
Deliveries "signed for" by any person at the delivery address on the order constitutes a successful delivery. Should you specifically require the named person on the order to sign for the delivery you must notify us of their mobile telephone number when placing the order. The named person will receive a text from DPD with an hour time slot of delivery, they must be at the delivery location to sign for the order. Should the named person not be there anyone at the delivery address can sign for the order and it then constitutes a successful "signed for" delivery.
For smaller packages we use Royal Mail 48-Hour Delivery Services. We assume that goods delivered by Royal Mail have been delivered successfully unless we are notified within 14 days of the date that the e-mail confirmation of shipping is sent to the customer. Please note that we will not replace or refund the costs of any goods if the customer fails to notify us of failed delivery within 14 days of receiving the shipping confirmation e-mail.
Please note, Royal Mail have a policy of leaving packages (recorded and non-recorded) with a neighbour and leaving a card to notify you of the alternative address. For most people this should act as a convenience, however if you would like to "opt out" of alternative delivery addresses to stop packages falling into the hands of non-cooperative neighbours you can display a sticker on / near your postbox.
PLEASE NOTE: PAT Training Services Ltd, will not be liable to replace goods if they are delivered to neighbours addresses. Unless photographic evidence can be provided within 24 hours to prove that you have "opted out" of the scheme.
Please check your invoice or delivery note to see if the missing items are showing as "Goods outstanding". If shown as "Dispatched" then please contact us within 24 hours (excluding weekends and bank holidays) so we can rectify the problem swiftly. PAT-Testers.co.uk strongly recommend that you thoroughly check your goods upon receipt and in the case of any discrepancies contact us within the aforementioned time period.
Damaged / Faulty Items
In very rare circumstances you may receive an item that is damaged in transit or faulty, if this happens please contact us immediately so we can arrange a collection and replacement.
Please note we will not be held liable for any loss of earnings or damage sustained as a result of a late delivery. We will however endeavour to do our best to ensure that the goods leave us in time using the appropriate service to meet your delivery date or get in touch with you ASAP if an issue arises.
Collection or Delivery of Customers Property
In instances where PAT Training Services Ltd have arranged delivery or collection using our courier partner, PAT Training Services Ltd cannot offer compensation for goods lost by our courier before the goods are declared as “lost” by the courier. In such an instance PAT Training Services Ltd. will raise a case with the courier who will carry out a search for the missing parcel internally. Once completed PAT Training Services Ltd will only offer compensation in form of a product replacement which will be either the same product or its closest current equivalent in cases where the lost goods cannot be located. Our courier partner class a parcel as “lost” six working days after the date they are first notified. If the “lost” package is subsequently located after the six working day time period has elapsed, PAT Training Services Ltd retain the right to exchange any products they have supplied to the customer with the original items which were lost.
When PAT Training Services Ltd. are requested to arrange collection using their appointed courier, PAT Training Services Ltd. regrets to inform that it cannot be held liable for items that are damaged or lost by the courier as a result of insufficient or inadequate packaging. In the event where an item is damaged or lost PAT Training Services Ltd. reserves the right to query how the item was packaged and may request photographic evidence as part of such investigation. PAT Training Services Ltd. are happy to offer advice on packaging of your item based on size and weight. Please to do not hesitate to contact our staff for advice.
Any collection service provided by PAT Training Services Ltd. is insured up to a maximum value of £1000.
Shipping to Overseas Countries
If ordering goods from PAT Training Services Ltd (T/A PAT-Testers.co.uk) for delivery outside of the UK, please call us on +44 113 248 99 66 to place an order or discuss shipping fees.
Please note you may be subject to import duties, taxes and brokerage fees, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you, including any brokerage fees. We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information before placing an order. Additionally, please note that when ordering from PAT Training Services Ltd, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. Your privacy is important to us and we know that you care about how information about your order is used and shared. We would like our international customers and customers dispatching products internationally to be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities over which we have no control. In the event where a product develops a fault that is covered by manufacturer’s warranty but cannot be carried out locally under warranty, it will be at the customers cost to ship the faulty product back to PAT Training Services Ltd (T/A PAT-Testers.co.uk) in the UK. The correct importation documentation for Customs Inward Processing Relief must also accompany the goods. Upon completion of the repair the customer will also be responsible for arranging and paying for the return shipping of the goods.
Commercial Invoices and Declared Values
All international shipments will be accompanied by a commercial invoice. The values on the commercial invoice will be set to exactly what was paid for the product. We cannot lower the declared value or mark the package as anything but a commercially purchased item.
By hiring equipment from PAT Training Services Ltd you agree you've read, accepted & are bound the following terms and conditions:
- All hire equipment is supplied in accordance with our General Terms and Conditions and with the following additions to those terms & conditions. Some of these are for your guidance & information but they also show the hirers responsibilities.
- All hire equipment will be supplied with copies of our Master Calibration Certificates which are retained at our premises.
- Collection & Delivery: Initial delivery to UK mainland destinations is £10.00 + VAT for a standard anytime next day delivery. Goods required before a set time will be charged at £20.00 + VAT, hirers should inform PAT Training Services Limited if an earlier delivery is required. Collection of the hired unit from a UK mainland address can be arranged at a cost of £10.00 + VAT. If we are to arrange collection by our carrier, the equipment must be made available to our carrier. If equipment is not ready to collect for whatever reason, PAT Training Services Limited reserve the right to charge for any attempted collections at £10.00 + VAT per failed collection. Should collection of the hired unit not have been arranged at the time of hire the hirer is responsible for returning hired equipment within 2 working days of the end hire date at the hirers cost. In all cases the hire equipment must be well packed for transit.
- Hire Period & Charges.
PAT Training Services Limited, the owners will hire the equipment described for the rates and period agreed. PAT Training Services can terminate the hire agreement at any time.
- The hire period commences on the date on the invoice and continues until the equipment is received at our office in Leeds. The hired goods will be inspected as soon as is reasonably practicable after the hire, any missing items will be charged at manufacturer's recommended retail price.
- The minimum hire period for PAT testers, 17th edition testers & power quality analysers shall be one whole week (seven consecutive days), Saturday, Sunday or any bank holiday that falls within the hire period are included as part of the hire period)
- The minimum hire period for thermal imaging cameras, shall be three days. Saturday, Sunday or any bank holiday that falls within the hire period are included as part of the hire period
- The hirer may not extend the agreed hire period unless prior notice, either verbal or by email is given to PAT Training Services Limited and a hire extension is agreed.
- Should notice not be given to PAT Training Services Limited any unauthorised extended hire period will be charged in complete weeks until the hired equipment is returned to our premises. Any period less than one week will be treated as full week for invoicing purposes.
- The weekly hire charge for hire equipment will be at the rates published on the companies' web sites: www.pat-training.co.uk, www.pat-testers.co.uk & www.thermal-camera.co.uk.
- By giving us credit/debit card details for the hire you agree that PAT training services Limited can recover any extended, outstanding, overdue hire charges or failed collections without further notice to the hirer.
- Hirer Responsibilities, Risk Ownership And Insurance
- Risk in the hired goods will pass immediately to the customer on receipt of the hired goods.
- Risk in the hired goods will not pass back to PAT Training Services Ltd from the customer until the hire goods are collected by our nominated courier or delivered in person back to PAT Training Services Ltd. This shall apply even if PAT Training Services Ltd have agreed to cease charging the hire.
- Ownership of the hire goods remains at all times with PAT Training Services Ltd. The customer has no right, title or interest in the hire goods except that they are hired to the customer.
- The customer must not deal with the ownership or any interest in the hire goods. This includes but is not limited to selling, assigning, mortgaging, pledging, charging, securing, hiring, withholding, exerting any right to withhold, disposing of and/or lending.
- The customer should have adequate insurance in place to cover for the loss, theft or damage of the hired goods and any proceeds of any such insurance shall be paid to PAT Training Services Ltd on demand.
- The customer must notify PAT Training Services Limited immediately in the event of any loss, damage or theft to the hire equipment however caused.
- In the event of theft, the hirer must inform PAT Training Services Ltd & the police within 24 hours and the crime reference number obtained from the police must be to provided to PAT Training Services Ltd. The weekly hire rate will continue to be charged until PAT Training Services Ltd receive the full replacement value of the hired unit including all accessories & flight case.
- In the event of loss, the hirer must inform PAT Training Services Ltd within 24 hours. The weekly hire rate will continue to be charged until PAT Training Services Ltd receive the full replacement value of the hired unit including all accessories & flight case.
- If the hire unit is damaged, the hirer will be responsible for paying PAT Training Services Limited the reasonable costs for repairs including labour and calibration charges for any damaged equipment. The weekly hire rate will continue to be charged until the unit is returned repaired & calibrated from the manufacture and is subsequently available again for PAT Training Services Ltd to re-hire.
- Notify PAT Training Services Limited immediately if the hired equipment is found to be damaged on receipt, is missing any of the items on the "Accessories check list" or becomes faulty during use. PAT Training Services Limited will try to offer a replacement with the minimum possible delay.Keep the equipment safe from damage, use it in a proper manner and not subject it to any misuse or unfair wear and tear.
- Observe all of the manufacturer's instructions, user guides, operating instructions, warnings, safety notices and other regulations that may be issued for the proper use of thereof and shall be entirely responsible for any damage caused to the said equipment through failure to observe such instructions, user guides, operating instructions, warnings, safety notices or regulations.
- Notify PAT Training Services Limited in the event of any loss, damage or theft to the hire equipment however caused. If the unit is damaged, the hirer will be responsible for paying PAT Training Services Limited the reasonable costs for repairs including labour and calibration charges for any damaged equipment. The weekly hire rate will also be charged until the unit is returned repaired & calibrated from the manufacture and is subsequently available again for PAT Training Services Limited to hire out again.
- Preserve all of manufacturers' identification labels including serial numbers and any other labels and markings including Calibration labels fixed to the equipment.
- The hirer will not hold PAT Training Services Limited or the owner responsible for any loss, damage or injury (including death) to property or persons with regard to use of any equipment hired.
- The hirer will not hold PAT Training Services Limited or the owner liable for any hirer data, results or images stored on any hired unit that becomes lost, corrupt, damaged or non-accessible due to whatever reason.
- If the hirer defaults on any of the hire payments, PAT Training Services Limited are entitled to recover the said equipment without prior notice being given to the hirer.
Purchaser or Hirer Conditions of Purchase
In the event of any conflict, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail over the conditions set out in either of the Purchaser's or Hirer enquiries and orders.
Repair and Calibration Services
We aim to provide a quality calibration and repair service, but we also require a customer payment for these services prior to despatch or collection. Once we have notified you of the price to be paid we expect payment as soon as possible. If no payment has been made to us or the goods remain uncollected after 10 weeks of them being ready for collection, then we are entitled to sell the goods and give you the proceeds, but we are entitled to keep any money owed to us including repair costs, calibration costs, advertising and storage costs. Our storage costs are FREE for the first 10 weeks and after that period, for 1 to 5 test instruments are £5 + VAT per week or for 6 to 100 test instruments are £10 + VAT per week.
The Seller shall not be liable to the Purchaser or hirer in any way, or deemed to be in breach of this Contract because of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of the Sellers obligations under this Contract if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Sellers reasonable control.
Refund Policy for Training Courses including Cancellation and Substitutions
PAT Training Services Limited accepts firm course bookings by post, fax, e-mail and through the PAT Training Services Limited web site - in making such bookings clients accept this refunds, cancellations and substitutions policy. All fees are payable in full prior to the date of the Training Course. Places on PAT Training Services Limited Courses are strictly limited: Upon receipt of your order your place will be confirmed. Any cancellation must be received in writing 14 days prior to the Training Course. A full refund will be given only if more than 21 calendar days notice is given of a cancellation, see below for refund rates:
- Over 3 weeks cancellation notice: Full refund
- 2-3 weeks cancellation notice: 70% refund
- Less than 14 days cancellation notice: No refund
Alternatively, a substitute delegate can be named at any time before the course. There will be no extra surcharge for making a substitution.
No refund will be payable for non-attendance or if no prior notice of cancellation is given. Within 14 days, of the course start date any cancellations will not be refunded. The refund will be issued after the course.
It may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of PAT Training Services Limited to change the content and timing of the course, the date, venue or instructor. PAT Training Services Limited reserves the right to cancel a course up to and including the date of the course if insufficient bookings have been received. We will strive to give as much notice as possible in such an event. In all cases, people who had registered to attend a cancelled course will be given the option of a full refund or of rescheduling to a future course date but PAT Training Services Limited disclaim any further liability.
Although reference is made to legislation during some Training Courses and within the IET Code of Practice, this should not be considered as legal advice. In cases of doubt, the specific legislation mentioned should be consulted and legal advice obtained.
This web site contains trademarks belonging to PAT Training Services Limited and other companies, it also contains unregistered trademarks include logos, graphics, phrases words and icons. No rights are granted in respect of any of the registered or unregistered trademarks. If you are unsure whether an item is a trademark of PAT Training Services Limited then please contact us in writing and send your request to the Registered Office address shown on the bottom of this web page.
How we use your information
- visitors to our websites
- customers who order products or services or who subscribe to our newsletters or request information from us
- prospects who make enquiries about our products, prices or services
- suppliers, enquirers and third parties that interact with us
- complainants and other individuals in relation to a data protection
- job applicants and our current and former employees.
Legal Basis for Processing (EEA only):
We process personal information to enable us to sell our goods and services to our customers; to promote and advertise our services; maintain our own accounts and records and to support and manage our employees. If you place an order for goods or services, processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
Where we rely on your consent to process the personal information, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Type/classes of information processed
We process information relating to the above reasons/purposes. This information may include:
- personal details e.g. name, contact information including email address, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests. Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- good and services
- financial details
- family details and next of kin details for our employees
- education and employment details for our employees
We may also process sensitive classes of information about our employees that may include:
- physical or mental health details
- racial or ethnic origin
- religious or philosophical beliefs
We process personal information about:
- professional advisers and consultants
Who the information may be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual them self and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA) and GDPR. What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons. In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this section, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- current, past or prospective employers
- educators and examining bodies
- family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
- employment and recruitment agencies
- business associates
- financial organisations
- consultants and professional advisers
- credit reference agencies
- debt collection agencies
- central government
Financial transactions relating to our various websites and services are handled by our payment services providers, Shopify, PayPal, SagePay and Stripe. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers' privacy policies and practices at:
We may choose to transfer your data to a third party or server who not based or located within the European Economic Area (EEA), for example if a customer orders goods from one of our websites to be delivered outside the EEA and to other parts of the world then to deliver the goods we need to let carrier/delivery companies and their local customs/enforcement agencies know the details. In these circumstances, we may contact you prior to doing so to confirm that you are happy for us to transfer such data.
CCTV for crime prevention
CCTV is used for maintaining the security of our property and premises and for preventing and investigating crime, it may also be used to monitor staff when carrying out work duties. For these reasons the information processed may include visual images, personal appearance and behaviours. This information may be about staff, customers and clients, offenders and suspected offenders, members of the public and those inside, entering or in the immediate vicinity of the area under surveillance. Where necessary or required this information is shared with the data subjects themselves, employees and agents, services providers, police forces, security organisations and persons making an enquiry.
When we ask you for personal data will:
- Make sure you know why we need your personal data and if you can say no when we ask for it; ask only for the personal data we need and not collect information that is irrelevant or excessive;
- Protect it and make sure no unauthorised person has access to it;
- Only where appropriate and necessary share it with other organisations for legitimate purposes;
- Make sure we don’t keep it longer than is necessary;
- Not make your personal data available for commercial use without your consent; and
- Consider your request to stop processing your personal data.
In return we ask you to:
- Give us accurate information; and
- Tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal circumstances or contact details such as your address or email address. This helps us keep your personal data reliable and up to date.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits one of our websites such as: www.test-meter.co.uk or www.pat-training.co.uk or www.pat-testers.co.uk or www.thermal-camera.co.uk or www.NAPITdirect.co.uk or www.pat-test-labels.co.uk or www.solar-test-equipment.co.uk and enters personal information into them, then we may use and share this personal information with data processors and third party service providers.
In addition to the above list of data processors for payment services, here is a list of data processors we may share information with in relation to this website:
To improve our website user experience we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of our websites. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. For website visitors the Google Analytics Data Retention is set to 26 months before user-level and event-level data stored by Google Analytics is automatically deleted from Analytics’ servers. When data reaches the end of the retention period, it is deleted automatically on a monthly basis.
On some of our websites we use Zendesk, to supply and support our live chat service, which we use to handle customer enquiries in real time. If you use the Live Chat service we will collect your name, email address (optional) and the contents of your Live Chat session. This information may be retained for two years and will not be shared with any other organisations. You can request a transcript of your Live Chat session if you provide your email address at the start of your session or when prompted at the end. For more information, please see:
Some of our websites are hosted by Shopify and they provide an ecommerce platform and processing that is Level 1 PCI compliant. This allows you to purchase our goods and services and contact us. As part of using Shopify we may also share data with 3rd party Apps to offer additional functionality.
DPD is a parcel carrier for some of our goods and services. For customer convenience, some deliveries and collections may utilise their Predict service, where they provide parcel recipients with a one hour delivery window, notified by SMS and email, so they don't have to wait in all day. This often enables receivers to watch the progress of their delivery on a real-time map, all the way down to a final 15 minute times. The service also allows customers to take delivery of their goods in a way that suits.
We use them for delivering letters and parcels containing goods that you may have ordered from us or for any postal communication.https://www.royalmail.com/privacy-notice
Security and performance
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
People who call our telephone numbers
When you call any of our telephone numbers we may collect your information to help you, process your order and payments for goods or services and for the purposes of compliance to our procedures and policies. We reserve the right to monitor this form of communication.
People who email us
We monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Complaints or queries
PAT Training Services Limited tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
When we receive a complaint from a person we make up a file containing the details of the complaint. This normally contains the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint.
We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide.
We usually have to disclose the complainant’s identity to whoever the complaint is about. This is inevitable where, for example, the accuracy of a person’s record is in dispute. If a complainant doesn’t want information identifying him or her to be disclosed, we will try to respect that. However, it may not be possible to handle a complaint on an anonymous basis.
We will keep personal information contained in complaint files in line with our retention policy. This means that information relating to a complaint will be retained for two years from closure. It will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle
Similarly, where enquiries are submitted to us we will only use the information supplied to us to deal with the enquiry and any subsequent issues and to check on the level of service we provide.
Job applicants, current and former PAT Training Services Limited employees
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR from 25th May 2018, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you. At any point whilst PAT Training Services Limited is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that PAT Training Services Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Access to personal information
PAT Training Services Limited tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To access what personal data is held; identification will be required, please request from our Company Data Controller our “Data Subject Access Request Form” then complete and return the form to the Company Data Controller. To protect your privacy and security, we will take steps to verify and prove of your identity before complying with the request. If you find it impossible or unreasonably difficult to make a subject access request in writing, then we will treat a verbal request for information as though it were a valid subject access request and again we will take steps to verify and prove your identity before complying with the request.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes or not use any of the information by, once again, contacting the Company Data Controller.
Disclosure of personal information
In many circumstances we will not disclose personal data without consent. However when we investigate a complaint, for example, a missing/ damaged parcel we will need to share personal information with the organisation concerned and with other relevant bodies. We may also pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so for example the police, other law enforcement agencies and the Inland Revenue, or if we have to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements. You can also get further information on:
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on personal data without consent for example, to prevent and detect crime and to produce anonymised statistics;
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete personal data; and
- how we check that the information we hold is accurate and up to date.
Links to other websites
Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our systems that materially affects you, then we will notify you or people on systems within 72 hours of first becoming aware of it, where feasible. We will also later report the action we took in response and if necessary explain the reason for the delay.
Change of ownership
Information Commissioner’s Office registration
You can find our registration with the Information Commissioner’s Office using our registration number of ZA311074 at https://ico.org.uk/esdwebpages/search
How to contact us
The Company Data Controller
PAT Training Services Ltd
1 Town End Close